The deal is I have to tell 10 HONEST THINGS about myself! Oh, Mother McCree! This is tougher than it looks!
1. I came in Second Place in our school district’s spelling bee when I was a fifth-grader. I won a U.S.Savings Bond worth $25! That was the most money I had ever had IN MY LIFE at that time! I still am a pretty good speller but not such a great typist. I never took typing in school so my technique is a little weird ..but effective!
2. I paint my fingernails and then peel the paint off with my teeth. It’ s so gross but I can’t help it. Manicures that I pay for sometimes last a little longer. I can usually hold out for a few days because I don’t like wasting the money. But if I do it myself I don’t last a day before my nails look like I got my hand stuck in a blender!
3. I HATE HATE HATE being tickled! I would prefer someone slap me than tickle me. That’s how much I HATE it!
4. I fell off a horse at a full gallop when I was pregnant with Birdpress. Ironically she’s the only one of my children who loves horses and horseback riding! (She’s good, too!!)
5. My first new car was a baby-blue 1970 Opel Cadette hatchback. I loved that car!
6. I have never had a cavity in any of my teeth and I have never broken a bone.
7. I killed my oldest daughter’s guinea pig on her 9th birthday. I didn’t mean to do it! I put it outside in its cage to enjoy grazing in the grass and forgot that the shade didn’t stay in one place but moved with the sun. The poor little thing died from heatstroke. I felt like a murderer! It was awful!
8. I snore like a chainsaw sounds. Since I was a wee little girl with adenoid problems I have snored so loudly that no one wants to sleep in the same room with me….unless they snore loudly, too, then for some reason we cancel each other out. I understand that there is a phenomenon whereby if you placed two speakers facing one another and played the same sound on them both at the exact same decibel level you would hear nothing but silence. That’s what it’s like with snoring, I think!
9. Many years ago I was commissioned to make a papier mache sculpture of Pierce Bush, the nephew of G.W. and the son of Neil and Sharon Bush. The kid had done some professional modeling and was cute as a button! We had a mutual friend who hooked me up after seeing some of my larger sculptures.At the time of the commission Pierce was about 6 years-old. I spoke with Sharon Bush several times and she even sent me family photos of him for me to work with. The deal went sour however when the election came up and Papa Bush had them traveling around the country campaigning for him, unsuccessfully. She put the project on hold and I was never paid for the work I had already done on the sculpture. I recently saw a video clip of the now 19 year-old Pierce. OMG! What a douchebag.
10. And FINALLY …this next video is an example of a skill I think would be extremely useful. I’m not sure why… but still.. I would be more confident in myself as a woman if I had her talent.
Now anyone who wants to do this meme.. take it with my blessing.